NATIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARDS, 2019
What’s in news?
Fourth edition of the National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA), instituted in a bid to recognize and encourage outstanding Indian Entrepreneurs and catalyze a cultural shift in youth for entrepreneurship.
- Government flags off entrepreneurship awards 2019 to provide a reputed platform to the deserving entrepreneurs and help them grow and improve the nation’s economy.
- The nomination for the National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA) opened now and it was given by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- The NEA 2019 aims to honour outstanding young first-generation entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders for their exceptional contribution in entrepreneurship development.
- The ceremony will take place in November 2019.
- The Government of India will reward the most innovative, inspiring and accomplished micro entrepreneurs to scale up their business.
- The objective of these awards not only to improve their marketability, but also address discontinuity towards better business systems and enhanced products & services with the help of prize money.
- There is a total of 45 specially designed awards to be bestowed – 39 Enterprise Awards and 6 Awards for Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Builders.
- Winners will be felicitated in a grand Award Ceremony, organized by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, and will be presented with a Trophy, Certificate and a Cash Prize of ₹5 lakh (enterprises/ individuals) and ₹10 lakh (organizations/ institutes).
National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA):
- The award was given since 2016 to recognize and encourage outstanding Indian Entrepreneurs.
- Eligibility: The nominee must be
- Under 40 years of age.
- First-generation entrepreneurs.
- Hold 51% or more equity and ownership of business and women entrants individually or collectively owning 75% or more of the enterprise.
WOMEN TRANSFORMING INDIA (WTI) AWARDS
What’s in news?
NITI Aayog has launched the Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards, in collaboration with the United Nations in New Delhi.
- The applications for the awards are now live, and nominations can be filed on behalf of individuals or by the individuals themselves at https://wep.gov.in.
- Theme’19: Women and Entrepreneurship
- This year WhatsApp has collaborated with the WEP for the WTI Awards of 2019, and will be providing support equivalent to USD 100,000 to the winners.
- While launching the Award, Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant mentioned that India needs to increase its women workforce to 48 percent, in the next 10 years. 48 percent is the global average and as India is all set to add USD 700 billion to the GDP growth, it is not viable for India to leave behind nearly half of the female population.
- The campaign builds on the success of the WTI Awards for the past three years. Previously, in 2018 awards, WTI Awards received more than 2,300 nominations.
- The first two editions of the WTI Awards felicitated 12 phenomenal stories each of women undertaking phenomenal work to transform societies across India’s cities, towns and villages; and empowering themselves and their communities.
- The WTI Awards, since its inception in 2016, has been recognizing and celebrating stories of exemplary women from across India.
- In the Mastercard Index of Women Entrepreneurs (MIWE) 2018, where India ranks at a low of 52 out of the 57 participating countries. The 57 participating countries contributed 79% of the female labour force in the world.
Links to note: