What’s in news?
Union HRD Minster Ramesh Pokhriyal presented the Vishwakarma awards for the year 2019.
- Around 23 groups were awarded Chatra Vishwakarma Awards and 6 institutes were awarded with Utkrisht Santhan Vishwakarma Award.
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has been organizing this Awards since the year 2017.
- The awards have been instituted for promoting innovative spirit and scientific temperament for holistic development of society through the stakeholders of its approved institutes.
- The Awards are aimed at motivating young individuals, inspiring leaders and institutions/ organizations to raise their performance in their specific domains leading to significant contribution towards the growth and development of the Nation as a whole.
- The competition/ call for entries for the third edition of Vishwakarma Award for the year 2019 were earlier announced by HRD Minister on 11 Sep 2019 and was based on the theme of “How to enhance the income of Village.
- Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) and Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Ayog also agreed to collaborate with AICTE for the Vishwakarma Awards 2019.
- Applications were called in 02 categories:
- Category-I: Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards (CVA)
- for Outstanding Innovative Team (for Students & Mentor).
- Category-II: Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award (USVA)
- for exemplary Institutional intervention.
- After following three stages of evaluation, 117 Teams were selected to exhibit their prototype at the National Convention and exhibition held at AICTE HQ, New Delhi. Finally, 23 teams were selected.
- A total of 188 nominations were received under USVA. After a detailed scrutiny and field visit, six institutes have been felicitated. Three institutes were honoured with certificates for their meritorious work in the village development while another three were recognised for best practices.
- NITI Ayog has agreed to support the shortlisted students by bringing their ideas into reality by supporting them through their pre-incubation centres of ATAL Community Innovation centre (ACIC).
- AICTE &MHRD Innovation Cell has also announced to provide financial assistance to a few of the best teams of Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards after following the due process of evaluation.
- IIT Delhi has also agreed to support the best technical interventions of Vishwakarma Awards through their Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan (UBA) program by providing financial support to the institution for implementing their ideas in the village.
Links to note: