VISA SUSPENSION ON THREE MORE COUNTRIES
What’s in news?
Government suspends e-Visa and Existing Visa for three new countries in wake of Novel Corona Virus.
- Announced by: The suspension of visa’s was announced by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Avoid of International travel: The Ministry also advised the passengers to avoid non-essential travel abroad in view of the Novel Corona virus outbreak.
- Countries: The government has asked people to refrain from travelling to the countries like China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan, France, Spain and Germany.
- Necessity: Across the world, around 100 countries were reported with COVID-19. The people travelling to these countries or those who have travelled abroad might come in contact with people affected with COVID-19.
- India so far has reported 50 confirmed cases of Corona virus which includes 16 Italians.
- Among these countries, few countries have reported severe cases and deaths putting passengers from these countries particularly at higher risk of infection.
- Regular visas including e-Visas granted to all foreign nationals who have travel history to these countries on or after 1st of February and who have not yet entered India also stands suspended.
- Advise to self-Monitor: The International Passengers from these countries were advised to undergo self-imposed quarantine for a period of 14 days from the date of their arrival.
- First batch from Tehran: By C-17 Globemaster military aircraft, 58 Indian pilgrims from Corona virus-hit Iran, landed at the Indian Air Force Station in Ghaziabad.
- Restriction on China: Similar restrictions of suspending the Visa have been imposed for those from China for those who received their visa on or before February 5, 2020.
Data to know:
- What is E-Visa? E-visa is short for electronic visa. It is simply a visa that you can apply for on your own through a country’s visa website.
- Difference: They are no different than other types of travel visas. The only difference is that you can complete the application online.
- Purpose: The applicant can apply for E-Visa for the following purpose – Tourism, Visit of relatives/friends, Short term business stay, Sports activities, Cultural, scientific or humanitarian activities.
Links to note: