Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave awards to top Ranked State, District and State with maximum citizen participation based on the National Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 commissioned by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
The awards by Prime Minister were given at the concluding session of Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention at Rahtrapati Bhawan Cultural Centre in New Delhi. Haryana was ranked as the best State while Satara District of Maharashtra was ranked as the best district as per the ranking undertaken by Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018.
(A) Top 3 States-
(B) Top 3 Districts-
- Satara, Maharashtra,
- Rewari, Haryana,
- Pedapalli, Telangana.
(C) States with maximum citizen participation-
- Uttar Pradesh,
(D) Districts with maximum citizens’ participation-
- Nashik, Maharashtra,
- Solapur, Maharashtra,
- Chittorgarh, Rajasthan.
About Swachh Survekshan Grameen
The objective of SSG 2018 is to undertake a ranking of states and districts on the basis of their performance attained on key quantitative and qualitative SBM-G parameters.
In the process, rural communities will be engaged in the improvement of the sanitation and cleanliness of their surrounding areas.
Structure and Process of the Survey
• As part of Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 6980 villages in 698 districts across India will be covered.
• Total 34000 public places namely schools, anganwadis, public health centres, haat, bazaars, religious places in these villages will be visited for survey.
• Citizens’ feedback will be collected from over 50 lakh citizens on Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) related issues through direct interaction as well as through online feedback.
• During the process, 65 percent weightage has been assigned to the findings and outcome from the survey; and 35 percent to the service level parameters to be obtained from the Integrated Management Information System (IMIS) of the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS).
Weightage to different elements of the SSG
- Direct Observation of sanitation in public places: 30 percent
- Citizen’s Feedback on sanitation parameters: 35 percent
- Service Level Progress on sanitation progress in the country as per SBM (Gramin): 35 percent