UPSC: TRIDENT JUNCTURE 2018
On 25th October 2018, NATO’s (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Trident Juncture 2018 military exercise began in Norway.
Trident Juncture 2018:
- This is NATO’s biggest military exercise since the Cold War. Trident Juncture 2018, will be held till November 7, 2018.
- Nearly 50,000 personnel from all 29 NATO allies, partners Finland and Sweden, are taking part.
- Around 65 vessels, 150 aircraft and 10,000 vehicles are taking part. The drill will be conducted in central and eastern Norway, the North Atlantic and the Baltic Sea.
- It aims to train the Alliance to mobilise quickly to defend an ally under attack.
- Russia, which shares a border with Norway, was invited to monitor the exercise, but Moscow is still angered by the exercise.
About NATO’s (North Atlantic Treaty Organization):
♦ Secretary General – Jens Stoltenberg
♦ Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium