REVISED VERSION OF SWACHHATA APP
What’s in news?
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) Launches Revised Version of Swachhata App to Handle Queries Specific to COVID 19 at a video conference (VC) held with all States, Union Territories (UTs) and cities.
- The Swachhata-MoHUA App, a highly popular grievance redressal tool for citizens under the ambit of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) already has over 1.7 Crore+ urban users across the country.
- This app has now been modified and strengthened further in order to enable citizens to get their COVID-related complaints also redressed by their respective ULBs.
- The pilot version of the revised version of the App had been shared with select States and cities earlier. Basis the feedback, the same is being launched across India.
- Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) are responsible to resolve all complaints posted on Swachhata-MoHUA App.
- As the complaints posted under new COVID-19 categories are critical, ULBs need to take immediate action by either directly resolving the complaints or connecting the citizen with concerned departments. ULBs need to monitor the status of complaints and to ensure the resolution of same.
- All complaints can be monitored at the Swachh.city dashboard in the same manner as the ULBs monitor other complaints on Swachhata App, on: swachh.city
- The revised version of the Swachhata App essentially leverages the popularity and huge user base of the app to better support citizens during this COVID pandemic.
- However, the addition of these new categories has no impact on the existing categories of the App and citizens may continue to post their grievances in either of the categories.
- Under Swachh Bharat Mission- Urban (SBM-U), we are collectively working to ensure the safety and well-being of citizens during the COVID-19 crisis.
- To provide further support to States, UTs and Cities in this respect, MoHUA has introduced nine additional categories of complaints specific to COVID-19 on the Swachhata-MoHUA App to make it more responsive to the needs of the present times.
The additional nine categories include:
- Request for Fogging/Sanitation during COVID-19
- Violation of Quarantine during COVID-19
- Violation of Lockdown during COVID-19
- Report Suspected case of COVID-19
- Request Food during COVID-19
- Request Shelter during COVID-19
- Request Medicine during COVID-19
- Request assistance for COVID-19 patient Transport
- Request Waste Pickup from Quarantine Area
Links to note: