SHALA DARPAN PORTAL
What’s in news?
Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development launched the Shala Darpan Portal of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- Shala Darpan Portal single integrated platform developed for information sharing and knowledge dissemination.
- The portal will integrate all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas with a common standard which includes around 636 schools and 2.67 million students.
- The information sharing and knowledge dissemination were done between
- the 22,000 employees,
- over 2 lakh students across schools,
- offices of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- The portal gives a platform to meet the educational and administrative needs of all stakeholders-students, teachers and parents.
- It is designed from OPEN SOURCE TECHNOLOGY.
- It is capable of sending and receiving effective dialogue between every stakeholder.
- It will improve mess management and hostel conditions and will strengthen budget and finance management system.
- Major components:
- Integrated content management portal – Consists of 636 websites of Navodaya schools across the country.
- It contains the information of service record, transfer/posting, disciplinary action, ACR tracking.
- Since it was developed with Open Source Technology, the portal is cost-effective and up-dation cost in future will remain low.
- Better transparency in evaluation of teachers and students.
- 654 bilingual platform for information dissemination.
- Role-based access to have better evaluation at every stage.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs):
- The idea of JNV was conceived by former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi, as a part of the National Policy on Education, 1986.
- JNV is a co-educational residential school established by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti which is an autonomous organization under MHRD to provide quality modern education.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) was registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- JNV is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) with classes from VI to XII standard.
- There are approximately 598 JNVs across India as of 2015-16 academic year.
- JNVs exist all over India, with the exception of Tamil Nadu.
Links to note: