PRADHAN MANTRI RASHTRIYA BAL PURASKAR
What’s in news?
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar are given under the revamped award scheme of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- The earlier national awards for National Children Awards were revamped in 2018 as Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar and are given under two categories.
- The Bal Shakti Puraskar is given by the Government of India every year.
- Bal Shakti Puraskar carries a medal, a cash prize of Rs 1, 00, 000, one tablet, a certificate, and a citation.
- The awarded children will participate in the Republic Day parade on 26.1.2020.
- The awardees were chosen by the National Selection Committee under the Chairpersonship of Smriti Irani, Minister of Women and Child Development.
Bal Shakti Puraskar:
- The Ministry of Women & Child Development instituted the Award in 1996 to give recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements.
- It was then known as National Child Award for Exceptional Achievements. The Award is now known as “Bal Shakti Puraskar”.
- The award is given as a recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in the field of innovation, scholastic, sports, art & culture, social services and bravery.
- A Child who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India above the age of 5 years and not exceeding 18 years (as on 31st August of respective year).
- Excellence in any one of the following fields (achievements that benefit society will be encouraged)
- Art &Culture
Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Individual:
- These awards are given to individuals who have made an outstanding contribution towards services for children in the fields of Child Development, Child Protection and Child Welfare for not less than 7 years and have made a positive impact on the lives of children.
- The award for individual consists of a cash prize of Rs 1, 00, 000, a medal, a citation, and a certificate to each awardee.
- An individual who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India residing in India of the age group 18 or more (as on 31st August of respective year).
- Minimum 7 years of experience in any one of the following fields (Achievements that benefit society will been couraged)
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Child Protection
Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Institution:
- These awards are given to institutions that have done exceptional work for the cause of children in any field of Child Development, Child Protection and Child Welfare for not less than 10 years and have made a positive impact on the lives of children.
- The award for institution consists of a prize of Rs 5, 00, 000 each, a medal, a citation, and a certificate.
- The institution should not be entirely funded by the government
- The institution should have been in the field of child welfare for 10 years and should have been performing consistently in the field. Contribution should have positively impacted the lives of the children
Links to note: