Raising day and NH rehabilitation
NH REHABILITATION AND UPGRADATION
What’s in news?
Rehabilitation and Upgradation of stretches of various National Highways has been approved.
- Approved by: The project was approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs.
- Total length: It covers a total length of over 780 kms.
- States covered: The states covered by this project – Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
- Loan: Under Green National Highways Corridor Project (GNHCP), World Bank is providing a loan amount of Rs. Rs. 3500 crores out of Rs 7662.47 crore capital.
- Four components: The project comprises following four components:
- Sustainable development and maintenance of National Highways
- Institutional Capacity Enhancement
- Road Safety and
- Research and Development
- Smooth and motorable roads
- Working hours of the people will be saved
- The selected stretches are passing through industrial areas, rich agricultural belt, tourist places, religious places, and areas which are backward in terms of growth and income.
CISF RAISING DAY
What’s in news?
Every year, the Central Industrial Security Force Raising Day is celebrated on March 10.
- The CISF works under Ministry of Home Affairs.
- On this day, in 1969, the CISF was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India with a strength of 2,800 forces.
- On the CISF raising day, the CISF officials celebrate the day with parade. Several service medals are distributed to meritorious officers.
- Also, awareness is created among the citizens to cooperate with the CISF officials on CISF Raising Day.
Central Industrial Security Force:
- CISF is an armed force of the Union established under an Act of Parliament, “Central Industrial Security Force Act, 1968 (50 of 1968)”.
- According to the mandate, CISF provides security to the premises staff along with the security of property and establishments.
- CISF is also providing protection to some private sector units and important government buildings in Delhi.
- Presently, CISF is also providing security to the protected persons classified as Z Plus, Z, X, Y.
- CISF is the only force with a customized and dedicated fire wing.
- CISF is a compensatory cost force.
Links to note: