Navy Chief and Talks with Finland
NAVY CHIEF’S VISIT TO BANGLADESH
What’s in news?
Navy Chief Admiral began a four-day-long visit to Bangladesh.
- Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh began his visit to Bangladesh to meet his counter will hold extensive talks with his Bangladeshi counterpart Admiral Aurangzeb Chowdhury.
- The visit is intended to consolidate and enhance the bilateral maritime relations between India and Bangladesh.
- During the visit, Admiral Singh will visit several key military establishments including the Khulna Shipyard Limited, Bangladesh’s naval bases in Chattogram and Khulna and address cadets at the Bangladesh Naval Academy.
- To further consolidate maritime cooperation between the two countries (India and Bangladesh).
To deliberate on regional security scenario including China’s growing forays into the Indian Ocean region and its military assertiveness in the South China Sea.
TERRORISM TALKS WITH FINLAND
What’s in news?
Indian External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has held long discussions on cross-border terrorism with the top Finnish leadership.
- Recently, India revoked Special Status of Jammu and Kashmir in the month of August 2019 and made it as a Union Territory.
- For this move, Pakistan raising many issues in order to show case their opposing to this revocation.
- Pakistan downgraded diplomatic ties with New Delhi and expelled the Indian High Commissioner.
- As a move, it is expecting world countries support to come against India’s move for this revocation. But India asserted that the abrogation of Article 370 was its “internal matter”.
- The issue was raised in European Union and European parliamentarians slammed Pakistan for harbouring militants.
- The discussion with the Finland authorities on terrorism held between Pakistan’s bid to raise the Kashmir issue internationally.
- The discussion was held in Finland, as our External Affairs Minister is on a three-day visit to Finland.
- Jaishankar visited the Parliament of Finland held talks with first deputy speaker Tuula Haatainen.
- Jaishankar held talks with Prime Minister of Finland and his Finnish counterpart on a broad spectrum of bilateral relations.
- Finland emphasizing that the epicenter of global terrorism is right there (Pakistan) in the country’s “neighbourhood”.
- To ensure “Neighbourhood First’ policy”, India is doing the possible solution.
Other aspects of the discussions:
- Other than the terrorism talks, the leaders had discussion on few other topics;
- Reviewed bilateral relationship with special focus on green technologies.
- Also exchanged notes on regional issues.
Links to note: