MY HEALTH RECORD
What’s in news?
Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has developed an app to store users detailed health profile.
- As our country’s governance go paperless and to promote digital technology among the people, an app “My health record” was developed in medical sector which helps the users to avoid papers (documents, prescriptions, records, etc.,)
- The ministry has developed a mobile application to store users detailed health profile, past prescriptions, lab records and diagnoses at one platform that they can share with medical professionals when they need.
- The app will be for regular use in next couple of months after the completion of security checks.
- Developer: Centre for Development of Advanced Computing. The centre works under the Ministry for Information Technology.
- Aim: To empower the people with a one-stop forum to store all the details of their health which they can share with professionals even if they are not carrying physical files around.
- The app has developed as a part of a mega National Digital Health Blueprint.
Unique features of the mobile application:
- Users can create their own profiles.
- The app is a password protected and users can keep updating it by uploading all the physical or digital health records.
- When patients want doctors to access your records, they can generate an OTP with the medical professional for a chosen number of hours.
- Patients can allow the medical practitioners to access only the relevant records among the various records.
- In future, after the launching, the app will be used to create electronic personal health records for PMJAY beneficiaries.
National Digital Health Blueprint:
- The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Shri Harsh Vardhan has released the National Digital Health Blueprint (NDHB) report in the public domain for inputs from various stakeholders.
- The blueprint was released on July, 2019.
- The blueprint was developed under “Digital India programme”.
- Aim: To create a National Digital Health Eco-system that will support Universal Health Coverage in an inclusive, easily accessible, affordable, efficient, timely and safe manner.
- The blueprint was prepared and it will strengthen Digital India and accelerate efforts towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Links to note: