GK: MUKHYAMANTRI TIRTH YATRA YOJANA
On November 1, 2018, the Delhi government along with the Indian Railways launched a scheme to give free tourism package for senior citizens travelling to 5 religious circuits.
The name of the scheme is: Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana.
The MOU was signed by:
- The Delhi Tourism & Transportation Development Corporation Ltd., Delhi government and
- The Indian Railways and Catering Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia at the Delhi Secretariat in New Delhi.
Under the scheme,
- 1100 senior citizens from all Delhi constituencies will be able to avail the offer,
- The AAP government will bear expenses of 77,000 pilgrims every year,
- The destinations will include Vaishno Devi, Haridwar, Amritsar, Ajmer, Agra, and would commence on December 2018,
- Non-AC coach with 15 coaches and paramedics and a government doctor will be provided for them.
- The journey will start from Delhi’s Safdarjungrailway station.
♦ Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal.
♦ Lt. Governor: Shri. Anil Baijal.
♦ National Parks: National Zoological Park, National Bonsai Park (Lodhi Garden), Satpura National Park.