PM KISAN MOBILE APP
What’s in news?
On successful completion of one year of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, PM Kisan Mobile app was launched by the Minister of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare.
- So far, 9.74 crore farmers are registered under the scheme against the target of 14 crore farmers. Of which, the payment has been made to 8.45 crore farmers so far after the data has been verified by the state governments.
- The application helps farmers to learn about their payment status, their eligibility towards a scheme and several other information.
- The application will help the government to reach farmers easily.
- It will also act as a platform to deliver information about government schemes and other beneficiaries.
- This overall will help GoI achieve its goal of “Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022” easily.
- The mobile app has been developed and designed by the National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Already, a portal on PM-Kisan is in place for registration under the scheme. It provided end-to-end technology solution for transferring the benefits directly into the accounts of registered farmers.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi:
- The small and marginal landholders are eligible to receive Rs 6,000 per year under the scheme.
- The following higher economic status of agricultural sector are not eligible
- Institutional Land Holders
- Retired pensioners whose pension is more than Rs 10,000
- Persons who paid income tax in the last year
- Professional persons such as lawyer, doctor, engineer, architect, charted accountants, etc.
Links to note: