What’s in news?
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik launched a smart learning phone application “Madhu App” for school children.
- This mobile application aims at helping school students learn their lessons faster through videos and tutorials. The app has been developed by the Ganjam District Administration with the 5T initiative of the state government.
- The course has been prepared to make the videos interesting and self-explanatory using quality TLM (Teaching Learning Material).
- The app has been named after ‘Utkal Gourab’ “Madhusudan Das”, who was the first graduate and advocate of Odisha State; (Utkal Gourab means pride of Utkal).
- The application is equipped with video lectures and exercises in Odia language by leading educationalists and subject experts. For the first phase, study materials for Mathematics and science subjects for classes V to VIII have been created.
- Meanwhile, the Odisha Higher Education Department has decided it will not allow Odisha college students with less than 75% attendance to enter the examination hall and attend their term-end examinations.
- Under the scheme, the students will clear their doubts through this App. By this, the students will have no more to go for tuition or coaching classes.
- Gujarat has been adjudged as the least corrupt state in India according to the Indian Corruption Survey 2019 which was conducted by Transparency Internationals. The India Corruption Survey-2019 was based on responses of around two lakh citizens (both rural and urban) from 248 districts of 20 states in India.
- The ‘Surya Kiran’ military exercise between India and Nepal has started on December 03. It will conclude on 16 December 2019. The armies of both countries will share counter-insurgency strategies with each other. In addition, both armies will also work together on humanitarian aid missions.
- India’s first maritime museum to be set up at The museum will be constructed at the historical site Lothal in Gujarat. It will have an autonomous research centre for underwater archaeology.
Links to note: