DECEMBER INDIAN EXERCISES
What’s in news?
The list of exercise had been scheduled in the month of December 2019.
JOINT MILITARY TRAINING (JMT):
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) are conducting joint military training (JMT) at Kalaikunda Air Force Station in India.
- The RSAF has deployed six F-16C/D fighter aircraft for training alongside IAF’s six SU-30MKI fighter aircraft for the JMT, being conducted from 31 October to 12 December 2019.
- The tenth edition of the JMT exercise includes an air-sea training component, which the Indian Navy assets are supporting for the first time.
- JMT is expected to enable the aircrew from both air forces to improve operational skills and enhance interoperability through training such as air combat and mission-oriented training.
- The scope of the exercise, which includes both air-to-air and air-to-surface scenarios, provides realistic training and increases the operational readiness for both air forces. “The RSAF values the opportunity to train alongside our counterparts from India, which enhances our competencies and also builds mutual trust amongst our people.”
- This tenth edition of JMT is testament to our strong relationship and the lasting friendship that have been built over the years.
- The 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ with the theme counter terrorism under United Nations mandate is scheduled to be conducted at Umroi, Meghalaya from 07 to 20 December 2019.
- The aim of the annual exercise is to promote close relations between ‘Armies’ of India and China and to enhance ability of the joint exercise commander to take military contingents of both nations under command.
- The Chinese contingent from the Tibet Military command comprising of 130 personal and the Indian Contingent of similar strength will participate in the 14 days long training exercise.
‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’:
- The joint military exercise ‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’ between India and Nepal is conducted in Nepal from 3rd- 16th December 2019. It is the 14th
- The exercise will comprise of 300 soldiers from both Indian and Nepal Army who would be sharing their experience in conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations as also various humanitarian assistance missions by both the Armies.
- The exercise is an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Nepal and India.
- The 13th (previous) edition of the exercise was conducted in Uttarakhand, India.
Links to note: