UPSC: IMPACTFUL POLICY RESEARCH IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (IMPRESS)
On October 25, 2018, the Union Minister for Human Resource Development Shri Prakash Javadekar launched the web portal of the Scheme “Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences (IMPRESS)” in New Delhi.
- Under the Scheme, 1500 research projects will be awarded for 2 years to support the social science research in the higher educational institutions.
- The scheme will focus on:
- Identifying and funding research proposals in social sciences with maximum impact on the governance and society,
- Research on 11 broad thematic areas such as : State and Democracy, Urban transformation, Media, Culture and Society, Employment etc.
- Ensuring selection of projects through a transparent, competitive process on online mode,
- Providing opportunity for social science researchers in any institution in the country,
- There will be 4 calls for proposals – October, 2018, February 2019, September 2019 and February 2020 and the selection will be done within 90 days.
- There will also be a third party evaluation of the projects in March 2021.
Ministry of Human and Resource Management:
♦ Union Minister: Shri. Prakash Javadekar.
♦ Minister of State: Shri Upendra Kushwaha, Dr. Satya Pal Singh.