Haryana Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana for Farmers & Labourers
Haryana government has announced Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana for farmers and unorganized sector workers on 26 February 2019. Under this scheme, all the farmers of the state having cultivable land upto 5 acres of land and workers families having income less than Rs. 15,000 per month would be eligible. In Haryana Budget 2019-20, Finance Minister has announced to introduce a scheme to provide financial and social security cover to families of farmers and those of workers in the unorganised sector.
Under the Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana in Haryana, each beneficiary family would be eligible to avail assistance of Rs. 6,000 per year. Moreover, each family will have to nominate a member to avail this benefit. This scheme will comprise of 2 categories where 1st category is of beneficiaries in the age group of 18 to 40 years and the 2nd category of beneficiary in the age group of 40 to 60 years.
In the 1st category, there would be 4 options to avail the financial assistance while in the 2nd category, there would be 2 options to avail assistance amount.
Key features of the Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Social and financial security – The main reason behind the announcement of this project has been to better the current social and financial state of the poor people of Haryana, especially the unorganized sector labors and farmers.
- Nominated family member – After the preliminary registration has been completed, every family will have to select and submit the name of one immediate family member, in whose name the benefits will be sanctioned.
- Death and disability insurance policy – The minister has also suggested that the nominated members will also attain life insurance and disability coverage. In case the nominated candidates dies naturally or due to an accident, then the family will receive Rs. 2 lakh insurance. In case of permanent disability, the applicant will receive Rs. 2 lakhs. If the disability is partial, then the state will offer Rs. 1 lakh immediately.
- Monthly old age pension – Apart from all the above mentioned benefits, the nominated family member will also get a monthly old age pension. This pension will be issued by the state government as well. The nominated member will only start getting the pension once he/she attains the age of 60 years. Every such beneficiary will attain a monthly grant of Rs. 3000. This perk will be offered under the PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana.
- Budgetary allocations – The finance minister of the state has already highlighted that the implementation of this mammoth project will require huge funding. The authority has already set aside 1500 crore for successful operations.
Haryana Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana 2019
The category wise details and assistance amount under Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana in Haryana has been described as follows:-
- First Category – For beneficiaries in the age group of 18 to 40 years of age, there are 4 options as described below:-
- In the 1st option, the families will get Rs. 6,000 per annum which is going to be deposited in 3 equal installments of Rs. 2,000 in the bank account of the head of the family.
- In the 2nd option, each family will have to nominate a member to avail the scheme benefit. All the beneficiaries will get Rs. 36,000 after completion of 5 years.
- Under the 3rd option, each nominated beneficiary will get pension of Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month on attaining the age of 60 years. This amount will depend on the age of beneficiaries at the start of the scheme.
- Under the 4th option, each nominated beneficiary will get Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000 after 5 years. This would depend on the option selected by the nominated beneficiary. The nominated beneficiaries can choose the option of insurance cover under the current Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana. The premium for this would be paid by the state government.
- Second Category – For beneficiaries in the age group of 40 to 60 years, there would be 2 options:-
- In the 1st option, beneficiaries can opt for Rs. 6,000 every year which is going to be deposited in 3 equal installments of Rs. 2,000 each. This amount would be transferred directly into the bank accounts of the head of the family.
- In the 2nd option, the nominated beneficiary would get Rs 36,000 after every 5 year.
Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana in Haryana also includes an insurance of Rs. 2 lakh on natural death, insurance of Rs. 2 lakh for accidental death, insurance of Rs. 2 lakh for permanent disability and insurance of Rs. 1 lakh for partial disability.