DIGITAL HAJ PROCESS
What’s in news?
The first country to make the entire process for Haj pilgrims completely digital is India.
- A bilateral agreement was signed between our Minority Affairs Minister Mr. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and the Saudi Haj and Umrah Minister Mr. Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten.
- With this agreement, India has become the first country to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital.
- This will be implemented from the next Haj trip from 2020.
- It is for the first time when digital pre-tagging has been arranged by the airlines so that Haj pilgrims will get all kinds of information in India itself.
- Available facilities: An online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, “e-MASIHA” health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging”.
- For the first time facilities were provided for digital pre-tagging of pilgrims’ baggage.
- From this facility, Indian pilgrims could know the details about the building and the room allotted to them as well as the transportation details for travel after reaching the airport in Saudi Arabia.
- The related information, they can get through the Mobile Application.
- Also, the pilgrims can get the information of Haj Pilgrimage process through a 100-line information centre which has been established in Mumbai.
- Abbreviations: E-Medical Assistance System for Indian Pilgrims Abroad – an online system
- Objective: To create and maintain the complete health database of Indian pilgrims along with doctors’ prescriptions, medical treatment as well as medicine disbursal, has been developed to deal with any emergency in Mecca and Madina.
- This system will have information about the health of each Haj pilgrim. They will be provided medical assistance immediately in case of an emergency.
The advantage behind this digital process is;
- To increase the transparency
- To ensure the better facilities to Indian Haj pilgrims.
- To check and ensure the safety of the Indian pilgrims.
- The portal is: http://haj.nic.in/pto/
- The portal is for Portal for Haj Group Organisers – which gives the complete details of the Organisers.
- The pilgrimage trip is in the month of July and August.
- Total pilgrims registered:76 L applications (so far).
- Total pilgrims: 2 L pilgrims without subsidy.
Links to note: