Goalkeeper award and Public Grievances
‘GLOBAL GOALKEEPER’ AWARD
What’s in news?
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi received the ‘Global Goalkeeper’ Award by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, on 24 September 2019.
- The award ceremony took place on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) session in New York.
- In the last five years, a record of more than 11 crore toilets were constructed.
Swachh Bharat Mission:
- The Swachh Bharat Mission was launched on Gandhi Jayanti (October 2nd, 2014) by the Government of India to clean the streets, roads and infrastructure of the country.
- The formal launch was at Rajghat, New Delhi in honour of Mahatma Gandhi’s memory.
- The Mission Coordinator for SBM is Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS) with two Sub-Missions, the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) and the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban).
- Together, they aim to achieve Swachh Bharat by 2019, as a fitting tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th Birth Anniversary.
- The aim of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) is to achieve a clean and Open Defecation Free (ODF) India by 2nd October, 2019.
- To bring about an improvement in the general quality of life in the rural areas, by promoting cleanliness, hygiene and eliminating open defecation.
- To motivate communities to adopt sustainable sanitation practices and facilities through awareness creation and health education.
- To encourage cost effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation.
CENTRALIZED PUBLIC GRIEVANCE REDRESS AND MONITORING SYSTEM
What’s in news?
- Minister for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension launched Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System, CPGRAMS of Department of Posts in New Delhi.
- CPGRAMS is an on-line web-enabled system developed by NIC, in association with Directorate of Public Grievance and Department of Reforms and Public Grievances.
- Based on web technology, the system primarily aims to enable submission of Grievances by citizens from anywhere and anytime.
- Various government departments scrutinize it and take necessary action for speedy and favourable redressal of these grievances.
- Tracking grievances is also facilitated on this portal through the system generated unique registration number.
- CPGRAMS has been reformed for Department of Posts on pilot basis and now the citizens have been empowered to select a service category through drop down lists to pinpoint a service for which grievance is lodged.
Links to note:
: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/themes/univero/template-parts/author-bio.php
on line 3