GK: SHANTI SWARUP BHATNAGAR PRIZE
SHANTI SWARUP BHATNAGAR PRIZE:
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology announced by CSIR
On September 27, 2018, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on its foundation day released the list of awardees for Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2018
Dr Thomas Pucadyil from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research in Pune has been awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology by CSIR.
He was conferred with the honor for his research in the discipline of Biological Sciences on membrane biochemistry and vesicular transport.
Other awardees of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology 2018 were:
- In the Biological Sciences category, Ganesh Nagaraju from IISC, Bengaluru.
- In the Chemical science category, Rahul Banerjee and Swadhin Kumar Mandal of IISER, Kolkata,
- In the Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences category, Dr. Madineni Venkat Ratnam of the National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Tirupati, and Parthasarathi Chakraborty of CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Goa,
- In the Engineering Sciences, Amit Agarwaland Ashwin Anil Gumaste of IIT Bombay,
- In the Mathematical Sciences category, Amit Kumar and Nitin Saxena, from IIT Delhi and IIT Kanpur respectively,
- In the Medical Sciences category, Dr Ganesan Venkatasubramanian of NIMHANS, Bengaluru,
- In the Physical Sciences category, Dr. Aditi Sen De the Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad and Dr. Ambarish Ghosh from IISc, Bengaluru.
About the Award:
Constituted in 1958, the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize is India’s highest science award, for outstanding research, in science and technology.