GROWTH IN EMPLOYMENT
What’s in news?
The percentage of employment opportunities were increased – mentioned in a data tabled in Parliament.
- Tabled by: The data about the employment growth was tabled by Shri. Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Union Minister of Labour and Employment.
- Employment sectors: Except construction sector, the percentage of employment growth were increased in all major sectors in the country – Manufacturing, Construction, Trade, Transport, Education, Health, Accommodation and Restaurants and IT/BPO.
- The data was given with the help of Revamped Quarterly Employment Survey (QES).
Quarterly Employment Survey (QES):
- Prepared by: The Survey was conducted by Labour Bureau since 2008.
- Purpose: The Survey was started in the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis to track the impact of the crisis on employment.
- Objective: The survey has been conducted to measure employment in eight broad sectors of industry and services.
- Eight sectors: The sectors includes manufacturing, construction, trade, transport, education, health, hotels and restaurants and business process outsourcing.
- Coverage: The survey covers enterprises with more than 10 workers in both urban and rural areas.
Data to know:
Following are the Government schemes which creates millions of job every year.
- Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
- Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (MUDRA)
- Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) programme
- Housing for All, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDUGKY)
- Portal Santusht: It is an Implementation Monitoring Cell launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment in January 2020 to address the speedy redressal of grievances of workers and employers.
Links to note: