Why in news?
The Bharat Parv celebrations organized the Ministry of Tourism as part of the ‘Republic day 2019’ reached its third day with a series of cultural events, Defence Bands, Yoga demonstrations and live Kitchen demonstrations.
Features of BHARATH PARV :
- The entry to the Parv is free and is open for public. However, visitors must carry a valid ID proof
This is the 4th edition of the Parv. Last year, the ‘Bharat Parv’ event held as part of the Independence Day celebrations from August 3-15 in New Delhi .
- The Ministry of Tourism for the first time has set up a Digital Showcase booth in the Parv showcasing various Digital initiatives like Incredible India website, Mobile App, Virtual Reality views of Indian destinations and attractions to promote Indian destinations.
- The Incredible India Digital Showcase booth set up by the Ministry in partnership with Google Arts and Culture for its VR walkthroughs and other content.
- Bharat Parv is a festival organised the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India to showcase the cuisine and culture of different states of India.
- Moreover, Bharat Parv will open for public from 12 Noon to 10 PM every day, from 26th to 31st January, 2019 .
- Additionally , Bharat Parv event showcases the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat , begans at Red Fort as part of the Republic Day 2019 Celebrations
- The major highlights of this year are the replica of the Statue of Unity created the sculptor Shri. Ram Vanji Suttar and a Gandhi Gram in which 10 painting artists will create paintings on the theme of ‘Ideology of Mahatma Gandhi’.
- Cultural performances, including folk and tribal dances from various states, as well as music programmes will organise the culture ministry during the event.