GK: BHARAT ELECTRONICS LIMITED (BEL), FIRST PSU, WON CII-EXIM BANK BUSINESS AWARD
On November 24, 2018, Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) won the CII-Exim Bank Business Excellence Award, for being a role-model organization, at the Quality Summit in Bengaluru.
- The Summit was organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The company’s Bengaluru complex is the first state-run undertaking to be recognized as a role-model organization by the CII.
- 3 other BEL units at Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, Chennai in Tamil Nadu and Machilipatnam in Andhra Pradesh received Platinum recognition for business excellence
- These 4 units account for 80 per cent of the company’s business and employees.
About the Award:
- The award is the highest recognition in the CII-Exim Bank Award for Business Excellence, instituted by the CII and the Export-Import Bank of India to enhance the competitiveness of India Inc.
- CII recognizes organizations at three levels — Gold Plus, Platinum and Award at the highest.
- An Award winning organisation is declared as role model for excellence demonstrated by it in: smart strategy implementation and good management practices.
♦ Headquarters: Bengaluru.
♦ Chairman and Managing Director: M.V. Gowtama.