Ayushman Bharat and World Affairs
GOOGLE TIE UP WITH NHA
What’s in news?
The National Health Authority (NHA) collaborated with Google for the implementation of Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY).
- Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY), is a government’s flagship health insurance scheme.
- Both the organization work together to explore various user cases for increasing process efficiencies in day-to-day applications.
- Objective: Reaching the poor and vulnerable, reducing their high out-of-pocket health expenditure, and improving access to quality healthcare.
- Google helps in improving PM-JAY’s digital presence and showcasing relevant content to the 50 crore entitled beneficiaries.
- Google will also help to provide training and support to NHA personnel to build on digital skills as well as explore the best possible ways to extend PMJAY benefits to the citizens.
Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme (CSS) that launched in 2018.
- Implementing Agency: National Health Authority (NHA)
- Aim: To make interventions in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems. It covers both preventive and promotive health, to address healthcare holistically.
- NHA Mission is to create world’s best health assurance programme on an efficient and technologically robust eco-system.
INDIAN COUNCIL OF WORLD AFFAIRS
What’s in news?
Vice-President chairs 18th Governing Body meeting & 17th Governing Council meeting of Indian council of world affairs.
- 18th meeting of the Governing Body of Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) held at Sapru House in New Delhi .
- Vice President advised the Council to adopt a neighbourhood first approach just as in Indian foreign policy, with more research output, outreach and interactions with its counterparts in our neighbourhood.
Indian council of world affairs:
- It was established in 1943 by group of Indian intellectuals as think tank. It was established as non-official, non-political and non-profit organisation under Registration of Societies Act 1860.
- It was declared institution of national importance by Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA), 2001 enacted by Parliament.
- The Vice President of India is the ex-officio President of ICWA, while the Minister of External Affairs is its Vice-President.
- ICWA is devoted exclusively for the study of international relations and foreign affairs.
- It had conducted historic international conferences like Asian Relations Conference in 1947 under leadership Sarojini Naidu and United Nations and New World Order in 1994.
Links to note: