AAROGYASETU, A MOBILE APPLICATION
What’s in news?
A mobile application has been in identifying the risk of getting affected by the CoronaVirus.
- Mobile App: Among the various application launched by the both Central and State government, a new mobile application ‘AarogyaSetu’ has been launched in public-private partnership.
- Launched by: The mobile application has been launched by the Ministry of Electronics and IT.
- Developed by: It was developed by the National Informatics Center.
- Aim: The app has been launched for the purpose of assessing everyone the risk for their catching the Corona Virus infection. In simple terms, the app alerts the person whenever he comes in contact within six feet of COVID-19 infected person.
- It will calculate based on their interaction with others, using cutting edge Bluetooth technology, algorithms and artificial intelligence.
- Language: The application will work in 11 Indian Language includes Hindi and English, which works on both Andriod and ioS
- Working: It worked as follows;
- It requires registration of mobile number and an optional personal details like name, gender, profession, travel history and profession.
- After installation, with the access of location and bluetooth, the app detects the nearby devices installed with AarogyaSetu within the radius of 6 feet.
- The app can then calculate the risk of infection based on sophisticated parameters if any of these contacts is tested positive.
- In order to keep the application running, one has to keep their GPS and Bluetooth ON always.
- Privacy: The personal data collected by the App is encrypted using state-of-the-art technology and stays secure on the phone till it is needed for facilitating medical intervention and doesn’t share any third-party vendors.
- Use: The mobile application helps assessing risk of spread of COVID-19 infection, and ensuring isolation where required.
Links to note: