App launched to rate, review your neta
- Former President Pranab Mukherje launched Neta App that allows voters to rate and review their political representatives.
- It aims to foster political accountability and transparency among leaders.
- The App launched in New Delhi will let users rate their MLAs and MPs and is being billed as an instrument to gauge voter sentiment across constituencies in the country.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Mukherjee said a good democracy cannot function without informed voters, good leaders, accountability and complete transparency.
- The App uses a combination of Artificial Intelligence, one-time password and Aadhaar numbers to ensure that the voters who rate leaders are genuine
- The Neta App is available on Andriod and iOS and web in 16 languages to cater to a diverse user profile.
- The App is the brainchild of 27-year-old entrepreneur Pratham Mittal.
- The App was piloted during the February bypolls in Rajasthan’s Ajmer and Alwar constituencies, the app was later used in Karnataka ahead of the assembly elections in May.
- The platform, in its beta version, has already registered over 1.5 crore verified voters rating and reviewing their local leaders across 543 parliamentary constituencies and 4,120 assembly constituencies over the last eight months.