UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN
What’s in news?
Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD), recently gave information related to the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA).
- Currently under the scheme, 13072 villages have been adopted by 2474 Institutes.
- The technological interventions under the UBA cover different subjects broadly categorized like in the area of sustainable agriculture; water resource management; artisans, industries and livelihood; basic amenities (infrastructure & services) and rural energy system.
- This has transformed the living conditions in villages and has been beneficial for rural India.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan:
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is a flagship program of the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- It aims to link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of at least (5) villages, so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- To engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) in identifying development issues in rural areas and finding sustainable solutions for the same.
- Identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customisation of technologies, or devise implementation methods for innovative solutions, as required by the people.
- To allow HEIs to contribute to devising systems for smooth implementation of various Government programmes.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0:
- It is the upgraded version of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 1.0. It was launched in 2018.
- The scheme is extended to all educational institutes; however, under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 participating institutes are selected based on the fulfilment of certain criteria.
GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY VERILY:
What’s in news?
It is helping the US government develop a website “to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location”.
- Launched in: 2015
- Verily is a subsidiary of Google’s parent company Alphabet “focused on life sciences and healthcare”.
- Aim: To make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy healthier lives.
- The site will be part of Verily’s Project Baseline. Project Baseline was launched by Verily in 2017 “with the goal of bridging the gap between research and care”.
Links to note: