What’s in news?
A mobile application was released to identify the denomination of currency notes.
- Name: The name of the mobile application is “MANI” (Mobile Aided Note Identifier).
- Launched by: The mobile application was launched by the RBI Governor Shri Shaktikanta Das in an event held at Mumbai.
- Beneficiary: The mobile application benefits the visually challenged people to identify denomination of currency notes.
- Available platforms: The mobile application will be available on both Android and iOS operating systems.
- Language used: The language used in the application is English and Hindi.
- Used for: The mobile application was only used to identify denomination of currency notes but does not authenticate a note as either genuine or counterfeit.
- After the mobile application was installed the currency notes can be scanned through camera of the mobile.
- The denomination will be announced through audio output.
- The application also works offline once installed.
- The Reserve Bank of India released a batch of new currency notes under the latest ‘Mahatma Gandhi Series’ such as Rs 2000, Rs 500, Rs 200, Rs 100, Rs 50, Rs 20 and Rs 10
- The new currencies were in different denominations such as with significant changes in colour, design and sizes.
Links to note: